Monday, April 18, 2011

Green Chili w/Chicken

I love this dish! It is quick and easy!
Living in Colorado and close to New Mexico I have been introduced to the world of green chili!
typically, you will find it made with pork, but I make mine with chicken and you can also do a vegetarian version.
Ingredient's:
1 package of frozen diced hatch green chili's
1 onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (diced)
1 box chicken stock
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
diced cilantro to taste
saute onion and garlic in about 2 tablespoons canola oil.
remove from pan and add diced chicken that has been dredged in flour and seasoned with salt & pepper.
after chicken is browned add the onion mixture, chili's and chicken stock.
simmer for about 30-45 mins and the last 10 mins. of simmering add chopped cilantro to taste.
I like to garnish with more cilantro and diced avocado and cheese (the cheese is so my kids eat it)

1 comment:

  1. It's 15 degrees Celcius outside...I'm making this for dinner tonight!!

    ReplyDelete