Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chicken Salad

It has been a busy week but since my last post our Super bowl party was a hit! We had an abundance of food. The cake pops were a hit. As well as my Sisters sloppy joe's @ half time not to mention our friend Mario's mango & mint salsa with habenero's...DELISH....I also served my chicken & pecan salad but did not make homemade rolls instead I served them with Kings Hawaiian rolls. I was asked to share the recipe so here it goes.
I start with roasted chicken breast and I always roast with bone in and skin on. makes all the difference.
I use two diced chicken breast
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup sliced seedless red grapes
1 cup toasted rough chopped pecans
toss together and season with Cavenders greek seasoning and salt & pepper. if you don't have Cavenders use any seasoning blend you like.
drizzle with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
add 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard and about 1 cup of mayo.
mix well and taste for seasoning and chill.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best chicken salad that I have had thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete