Friday, February 4, 2011

Rounding out the week.

This week with the snow and such I did not exactly stick to my menu plan. However, when I make a plan at the start of the week I always have the best intentions of sticking to it. This week I made the bar-b-q biscuits, and the Lasagna...I threw in Clam Chowder just because and last night was quick and easy wraps in front of the T.V. watching American Idol. It's Friday and either my kids will be off to friends home's or friends will start showing up here after school. I'm not going to lie, I love the kids coming here with their friends and raiding the kitchen.
So because I never cooked the chicken I took out for roast chicken dinner, I'm now boiling the chicken (NOT MY FAVORITE METHOD) but I don't want to waste! Not sure what it will become at this point? Maybe chicken tacos....and a casserole? I will keep you posted on that.
I also am using up the bananas that are ripe...Yep banana bread. My husband, Mike used to own a Pest Control Company in CA. and there was this nice older lady that used to make him this banana bread recipe and he loved it! So I had him ask her for the recipe and now it's a family favorite. I will post the recipe sometime this weekend. Along with the banana bread I have some wheat bread rising as well. This is one of my favorite memories because it's from my God Mother, Mary Iveila's recipe....one of the BEST COOKS EVER! and I have such good memories of being in the kitchen with her while she was cooking or baking up something wonderful.
As far as dinner tonight I'm still not sure??? Maybe the scallops? Or maybe something with the chicken that's cooking? I will post the final outcome")
I'm off to the store to finish buying what I need for my Super Bowl party. I'm excited about making the football cake pops. I first saw the cake pops when my Cousin Jennie, posted pics of the one's she made and my Daughter, Britany made some at Christmas...YUMMMY. I will for sure post the pics and recipes from Super Bowl.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still amazed, how do you do it? I feel overwhelmed but I'll start with one recipe. I'm enjoying your recipes and postings, thanks you!

    ReplyDelete