Tuesday, January 18, 2011

credit where credit is due

Yesterday I posted pics and the recipe for tamales. I must give credit where credit us due. The first time I made tamales was I think in 1993? I might not remember the exact year but I remember the day so well. For me that's one of the reasons I love to cook it either may end up creating a wonderful memory for others or it can bring back wonderful memories. In this case it is a wonderful memory. I was taught by Cindy Gonzalez one of the most kindest women in my life. She is my Sister in Law, Angela's mom. At the time I remember many laughs with amazing people as well as her trying to teach me Spanish. If memory serves me right Angela was not much of a help she just wanted to eat the tamales but in her defense she was pregnant with my Nephew, Jonathan Gramenz Jr.
Thank you Cindy for making me part of the family no matter what") and always being a Godly example of how to treat others And for teaching me to make tamales the way you do, for that I'm PROUD.
The only thing is I can hardly ever get my masa to float")....is that just something you made up to trick this White Girl?...lol Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment