Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nothing like Saturday.

I love Saturday mornings at my house especially when we have no plans to be anywhere the first part of the day. This morning I was able to have some quiet time before the rest of the house started waking up, always with a cup of coffee. After my first cup of coffee I decided to start breakfast. I made homemade buttermilk pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs, it was a nice treat for the family after having steel cut oats all week. But I must say I like steel cut oats. I make a big pot at the start of the week and after the first morning of everyone having a hot bowl, I split it in half the first half I put in an air tight container and pop it in the fridge to heat and eat for the rest of the week. The second half I add some greek yogurt I use vanilla then I add some dried cranberries along with some mandarin orange segments and then thin it out with some water and let it chill. I have it as a snack or a quick breakfast I just take it out of the fridge and serve it cold with some nuts and a banana....very good and good for you. In the summer I use different berries.
I also made the Peruvian cookies (alfajores) that my friend Olga posted.
They turned out wonderful. I recommend her recipe. I'm off to have coffee with the girls and share the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment