Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly menu including Super Bowl

Today was shopping day. I had a brain block in meal planning this week so I made a list of a few items that I needed and headed out to the market for inspiration. I always spend more money when I shop this way but sometimes its just what has to be done. Once inside the store I grabbed the weekly sales add. I started off in the meat dept. Quickly I had my plan of attack for the coming week including a menu for Super Bowl Sunday.
Monday- Bar-b-q beef biscuits, slaw and sliced strawberries.
1 can of Grands buttermilk biscuits
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chili powder
shredded cheddar cheese
pre heat oven to 375 degrees. brown ground beef and drain off any fat then add the ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and chili powder. line the biscuits in muffin tins after spraying with non stick spray. divide meat into each biscuit cup and top with cheese.
bake for 12 mins.
Tuesday-lasagna
Wednesday- roast chicken w/red potatoes
Thursday-seared scallops w/lemon herb angel hair pasta
Friday-homemade taquitos w/beans & rice.
Saturday-grilled cheese w/homemade tomato soup
Super Bowl Sunday-we are hosting a "potluck" party.....I'm making chicken & pecan salad with homemade rolls, roasted salsa & chips, a veggie tray, football cake pops and root beer floats.
check back through out the week for recipes and pics")

No comments:

Post a Comment