Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Green Pork Chili

I know at the start of the week I said I make a list and stick to it for the most part and I do, but this morning I did a produce run to the store along with some half and half for my MUST HAVE coffee in the morning. When I was there they had some beautiful hatch green chili's on sale so I had to buy them, I knew I had some left over pork from the tamales on Monday.
So I came home cleaned out the fridge and I have a pot of Pork Green Chili simmering away.
Green Chili is as follows:
1 onion chopped
2 cloves chopped garlic
4 cups chopped roasted and peeled green chili's
6 cups chicken stock
2+ cups of diced pork and you can also use chicken
2 tablespoons of flour( I use wondra flour)
2 tablespoons of canola oil
chopped cilantro
saute onion and garlic until soft season with salt and pepper
and flour and mix well, add chicken stock, chilli's and pork let simmer for about an hour on low heat.
Just before serving add chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

  1. wanted to copy and paste my friend Lori's post on my fb page. I love the idea for the left over green chili.
    Lori Huber sounds good, I make a similiar dish often and it's a fave in my house. Just add black beans to the mix and sour cream at the end, cook up some spanish rice and roll it all up in a flour tortilla, put some sauce on top with shredded cheese and waaaah-la! it's lori's carnitas chili verde.

    ReplyDelete