Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday meal planning

Today was clean out the fridge day and hit the store to shop for the week. Once I took stock in what I had in the freezer I put together my menu for the week and made my list. I knew tonight had to be an easy dinner after spending the day with my accountant I was not in the mood to spend much time in the kitchen. Tonight was as easy as defrosting a batch of spaghetti sauce. It's well worth making a double batch of sauce and freezing at least half of it. When I defrost and heat it I add about a cup of chicken stock. Then it was as easy as cooking the pasta and making a nice big salad as well as some garlic parmesan bread and about 20 mins or so dinner's ready.
Mon.- spaghetti, salad, garlic parmesan bread

Tues.-braised beef short ribs, scalloped cauliflower and roasted red potatoes

Wed.-roasted chicken, glazed carrots and salad

Thurs.-tacos

Fri.-teriyaki steak, rice and cucumber salad

Sat.-burgers on homemade rolls and brocoli slaw

Sun.-pecan chicken salad and potato soup

be sure to check back for pics and recipes for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment