Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quick and easy Saturday night meal

I spent the afternoon with girlfriends at Tattered Cover it is a book store with a sweet little coffee shop. Nothing like good friends time just flew I looked at my watch and realized it was 6:30 and I still had to get home and cook dinner. It worked out that my Sister and I drove together and her Husband and Son were hanging out at my house shooting pool with my Husband.I figured it would be best for me to invite them to eat dinner with us. I was still not 100% on what I was going to make but I had a pork tenderloin marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, Cavenders seasoning and crushed oregano.
So I came home raided the fridge and the final outcome was a roasted pork tenderloin, grilled onions,  cabbage & noodles and a cucumber and tomato salad.
The tenderloin was already marinated so I just pre heated the oven to 475 on the stove I seared the tenderloin on both sides and then in the oven for about 10 mins and set it on the counter with foil to rest.
In the meantime I sauteed some onions and boiled water for egg noodles. For the cabbage & noodle dish I cooked 4 strips of bacon until crisp then removed the bacon from the pan and added 1 chopped head of cabbage to the pan and cooked until slightly wilted then added the bacon back to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of butter and the drained egg noodles. Then set the table with a sliced cucumber and tomato salad and served up a great family meal quickly just about 30 mins from start to finish, Not bad for a quick meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment